Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Be Still and Know That I am God

     So, last Sunday I was a little discouraged and worried about my area and how it wasn't progressing like I was hoping it would. I wasn't sure what to do, so I tried putting it aside to read my scriptures. I was reading 1 Nephi 22 and when I got to verse 11...

     'Wherefore, the Lord God will proceed to make bare his arm in the eyes of all the nations, in bringing about his covenants and his gospel unto those who are of the house of Israel.''

     It really struck me... and brought to my mind another scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 101:16 

''Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning [Honduras]; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.''

     I felt at peace and we got to work. We have had some of the longest days this week and many hours without sitting down to have a lesson, but we have seen progress. We have investigators that have started progressing, we have been receiving good referrals, and we have had lessons filled with the spirit. I have seen Heavenly Father's hand working in our area. He knows what He is doing and little by little we are learning our part in it. I love it. I love it here. And I love being a missionary!

Love you all!

Hasta la próxima!
Hermana Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment