Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Celebrating Thanksgiving

Bueno....

     Not sure where to start and I forgot my notebook, so this might end up going all over the place... 

     Well, this week all of our most promising investigators continued to not progress. We were disappointed, disilusioned, and dreading our weekly planning on Thursday. It really was quite dreary because we literally had no one to plan for. The tender mercy was what happened Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We had three days of really mazica lessons and I felt we were exactly where we needed to be, sharing what we needed to be sharing, with the people that Heavenly Father wanted us to meet. I don't even know how to put into words the majority, but I felt like a real missionary because I felt like we were really doing what the Lord wanted us to do.

     We met a few interesting people too... one was a thirteen year old boy who told us, ''I've been sick a lot. That's why it looks like I am only 7 and in second grade still.'' He also gave us the recipe for a medicine he invented. It helps with stomache problems...Soda mixed with Chocopanda (it's like nesquick). ''But it makes you burp a lot,'' *covers mouth as if he's going to tell a secret, but forgetting to whisper* ''and farts!'' Luckily he was headed in the house at that moment because my companion and I couldn't contain our laughter any longer.

     It was a neat week. And a crazy one. I learned that the most important think is to follow every prompting and no matter the outcome you will feel successful.

     Oh, yeah, and we celebrated Thanksgiving today. The most american food I have eaten in a very long time. I actually ate mashed potatoes and gravy! And rolls! The Webbs were able to find a turkey, and we got to spend the day as a district. ​


     This is Elder and Hna. Webb with the turkey. I wish I had one of the whole district, but you are going to have to wait on that one. Well, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hasta la próxima!
Hna. Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment