Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Freezing in Honduras?

I'm not sure what to share with you all this week....

--I froze to death on Thanksgiving. I saw a guy on a motorcycle all bundled up in a coat and I laughed...at myself. I remember when I came. When I saw people bundled up in my mind I told them, ''You have no idea what cold is. If you are freezing to death in HONDURAS, you wouldn't be able to survive where I live.'' Now I watched the man with the coat and wished I had one too... and I just thought to myself, ''if you are freezing to death in HONDURAS, you won't be able to survive where I live.''

--I cried listening to a woman tell of her faith crisis when she came into contact with an anti-mormon newspaper article. She needed a good Elder Holland talk about holding to the ground that you already have, but I just didn't have the words to communicate that to her. 

--We had fun opening packages :)

--We laughed a lot. My companion is really funny and sarcastic like my sister. It makes all of the funny experiences even funnier.

--The primary program was quite adorable and helped us fill the chapel! We made to 104 in this little branch that a month ago hit a low of 48. In attendance were two inactive hermanas that we've been visiting. I was so happy to see them!

--We were able to reach almost all of our weekly goals this week.

--We successfully made tortillas again. I'm not sure how to communicate how big of an accomplishment that is... later I'll show you and then you'll understand.

     I've had a fantastic week. I feel like a missionary and I love it. Sorry this lacks something super inspirational to help you think, but this week was filled with thousands of little testimony strengthening experiences that are hard to communicate. Just know that I know the gospel has been restored through prophets in our day. It changes lives because it allows us fuller access to the power of the Atonement. And if we are willing to give our all to serve God with all of our might, mind, and strength miracles happen.

Love you! I hope you have a great week!

Hasta la próxima!

Hermana Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment