Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Nothing Brings More Peace Than Prayer

News for the week:

 -We did divisions three times. Once with the sister training leaders and twice with members later in the week. I'm not usually a fan of divisions, but I learned a lot from doing them.

 -My companion completed one year since she left home. (that's awkwardly phrased, but you get the idea)

-Every house we visited had the news on and they are either talking about serious flooding in other parts of Honduras or Ebola in the United States.

 --Because of that the High Councilman in his talk Sunday read almost all of 3 Nephi 8 and called everyone to repentance... I prefer D&C 61:36-38

 36 And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you;

37 And inasmuch as you have humbled yourselves before me, the blessings of the kingdom are yours.
38 Gird up your loins and be watchful and be sober, looking forth for the coming of the Son of Man, for he cometh in an hour you think not.

 -We tried to teach a lady who told us she was a predicadora in her day. Those experiences are always exciting.

 -My companion learned how to play Uno and now she wins almost every time...

     If I had to pick the biggest thing I learned this week it would have to be that ''a man never stands taller than when he is upon his knees.'' The lessons about the power of prayer are never lacking. They always help me to rely more fully on my Heavenly Father. This week has been filled with crazy experiences (nothing really out of the ordinary). But being able to kneel down and express how I feel, my fears, doubts, and struggles makes all the difference. My testimony has been strengthened that God lives and that He loves us. I know He hears and answers prayers and that ''praying rests the weary'' and ''changes night to day.'' So that's the invitation. There is nothing that brings more peace than being completely honest with Heavenly Father and praying with real intent.

     Well, I guess that's where I will leave off for this week.

Hasta la próxima,
Hermana Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment