Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Excerpts From My Journal

     You know, usually there is one single fantastic experience that I want to share. Other weeks I think and I think and I think and have to flip through my journal to see what I should/could share with you.

      This is one of those weeks. We just had lots of neat little experiences that I am not sure how to compile it all... So, here you have ç... plus a picture or two.

      ''We got to answer questions about polygamy, birth control, worshiping Joseph Smith, and burning in hell all in the same day.''--That was an adventure! Sometimes I really love the questions people ask :)

     ''I honestly wasn't sure what I was getting myself into... It's a shaved ice/snow cone but instead of a fruity sugary syrup to give it color and flavor its lemon juice, pepitorio(seasoning salt/chile that only exists in Guatemala and El Salvador), Worcestershire sauce, V8 juice, salt(lots), oh and crushed up spicy chips. Not going to lie, it's a weird combination...but it wasn't bad.'' '

    'It's like the classic math problem about the inch worm that climbs 3 cm in the day but in the night slides back 2 cm. How long will it take for him to reach the top of the hill? At least he is making progress.'' --That's how I felt about working with one of our families. They are making progress. It is at their own pace, but the good news is that they are progressing.


      ''We could see our entire area from there.''--we went to exercise with a member family and they took us a lot farther than we thought we were going to go, but the view was beautiful!

      ''I was immediately filled with fear and felt like there was no possible way that I could do it. However I was blessed with help seeing it as an opportunity to put my faith in action and I started praying. It was hard, it was awkward, and I still have a ways to go...but with His help I did it.'' --I was pushed out of my comfort zone again. I prayed and Heavenly Father told me that I needed another little shove to get out of my comfort zone and He gave me an opportunity to practice. I am really glad He loves me enough to do that to me.

     ''Exciting stuff: Marlon came to church because he wanted to. He stayed for all three meetings and participated. He's a lot more of an oveja than I thought."   Marlon is a member of this family we've been working with. He was the only one who hadn't been to church yet and it was a miracle that he came yesterday of his own accord.

 Really this week has been a good one. I've learned a lot and finishing the week left me excited to start another one and work even harder. I love it when that happens!

Love,
Hna. Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment