Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Turn To Him

     Well, since we talked there hasn't been anything super grande to share with you.... so.... I was reading the Book of Mormon in my personal study and I got to one of my favorite parts in Mosiah. Here it tells the story of the group that went off to try to take back the Land of Nephi. I love the contrast of the two groups, the people of king Limhi and the people of Alma, for what it teaches about the mercy and love of Heavenly Father and the consequences of being slow to seek Him.

     Both groups suffered much and were in bondage that was greater than they thought they were able to bear. In the end both groups are delivered by the mercy and grace of God. He loves them and helps them through their suffering, but according to their obedience and quickness to turn to Him.

     I realized that it is probable that their bondage was just about equal in severity. The key was in how they reacted. Limhi and his people were slow to turn to God to deliver them and suffered more. Alma and his people from the beginning ''hushed their fears and began to cry unto the Lord.'' They are strengthened and able to ''submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.'' They turned their lives over to Him and allowed Him to work in their lives. They were changed by grace.

      Frequently I get caught in the ''Why do I have to deal with this weakness!? Why do I have to experience this?!'' And life remains just as hard as I think it is. I am like the people of Limhi and try to resolve it all on my own and I suffer for it. Reading here in Mosiah I am reminded to hush my fears and cry unto God. When I turn everything over to Him and let Him work in my life, I can be changed by grace. My ''weak things become strong unto [me]''.  Heavenly Father can make a whole lot more of us than we can even imagine and He is waiting for us to turn to Him. It is so neat what you can learn reading the Book of Mormon!

Hna. Thacker

Learn Catracho:

Macizo-- literally means ''solid'' Here it means ''super cool'', ''really awesome'', etc. It's become part of my new favorite phrase ''¡Qué Macizo!

Pilas-- I am not sure what it literally translates to because it has a lot of possible meanings. Most common slang form means ''really smart.'' Can also mean batteries, be a plural number of wash basins, and many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment