Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

''¿Les gustó el himno?"

     Angelina (the daughter of Levi and Veronica who turns three on Wednesday) continues to imitate us even when we aren't there. Her mom told us that she sits down with a little book and says ''Cuenta de tres. Una. dos. tres.'' and begins to ''sing.'' At the end, just like Hna. Tajiboy, she says ''Les gustó el himno?'' (Did you like the hymn?) She even prays and pretends to write in her agenda when she is going to come back. :)

     Well, the biggest most exciting news for the week is that we had divisiones. Not going to lie, I was scared to death because it meant that I was staying in our area while Hna. Tajiboy left. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find any of our investigators and that if I did I wouldn't be able to talk to them without Hna. Tajiboy leading the conversation.

     Turns out Heavenly Father still knows what's best for me, because it was exactly what I needed. I found out that I really do know our area and the people we are teaching. I can talk to them, and I am more able than I thought. I had the chance to get to know and learn a lot from Hna. Hill. But most important I re-learned how important it is to invite. Agency is so critical to the whole plan, but you have to have options in order to use it. That's where the invitations come in. Invitations provide opportunities to use agency. I am learning that it is important to not be afraid of inviting.

     This week we also met a Catholic family that likes to listen to missionaries of all types. They are very nice and even have a collection of all of the pamphlets they've received over the years. The coolest part was the Libro de Mormon that they brought out from 1991. It is as old as my companion and she felt like the testimony written in the front cover was written just for her. It was pretty neat. We left with two little caracoles and two copies of a talk given by the current Pope which included a photo.

     We also had an old contact show up during a lesson we had with his sister. He told us that he has realized that he needs to be baptized and that he wants to follow the Savior. He expressed his desire to follow with all of his heart, and told us that he just has had a hard time giving up dancing. We tried to explain that dancing is not evil, but I don't think it sunk in until the next day after church when the bishop asked him if he would come and teach the young men to dance for mutual. Afterword he told us how he really liked how our church encouraged the use of agency and developing talents, and he accepted a baptismal date :)

      Well, I think that is all for now...

Hasta la proxima semana!
Hna. Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment