Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Learning to like Lobster???

We'll start with a picture this week :) This is one of the borders of our area.


     This week was pretty neat. On Tuesday we had a multizona conference with Elder Amado of the First Quorum of the Seventy. It was a neat opportunity to learn how to be better missionaries. I learned a lot about how imortant it is to pray continually in order to learn by the Spirit and how important it is to be obedient. He also spent a couple of hours talking about eternal marriage. :) Something neat he told us is that a majority of Church membership speaks Spanish, but the language of the Restoration is and will always be English. As he encouraged all of the Latino missionaries to take advantage of this opportunity to learn English here in the mission, I realized how blessed I am to speak the language of the Restoration. I am so blessed to be able to hear the Prophet's voice in my own language without a translator!



      Other than that, the biggest news for the week is that I tried lobster for the first time today. My companion ate her entire piece--hard part, fins, and the white meat inside. I ate about half of the meat from inside and then shared the rest... Important thing is that I tried it and it wasn't all that bad :) My companion thinks I will leave the mission liking seafood. We'll have to see...

 ¡Hasta la próxima semana! Hna. Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment