Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Personal Revelation Is Essential

It's been a good week full of adventures.

    I saw a real live anteater this week. It was chained to a fence like a dog. It was on the double-take that we realized that it wasn't just any old dog...

     I learned that I don't speak English well. A little boy we met is studying in a bilingual school. Our investigators were trying to talk him into speaking English with me. Finally he said, ''How are you?'' ''Great! How are you?'' I responded. ''No! No! No!'' he told me. ''That's not how it goes. You have to say, 'I am fine, thank you. And you?'''

     I clearly didn't follow the dialog... :)

     We also had some neat lessons. One was with a new investigator. She told us how she had felt when she prayed to ask if the things we had shared were true. As she did so the Spirit filled the room. It's a pretty cool experience listening to investigators bear the testimony they have been acquiring. It reminded me of the things President shared with us in our Reunion de Zona this week. He talked about how those who endure to the end are those who learned to pray and receive personal revelation.

     The other that I really liked was one with an inactive hermano. As he explained his story and why he left the church it became clear that he hadn't quite achieved his own testimony. This visit we answered his questions and invited him to pray. The experience with him made it clear how important personal revelation is. As we seek our own personal testimony and witness we learn to be able to stand strong and stand on our own. It allows us to progress more than ever.

     So I have been thinking about that a lot. Personal revelation really is essential for our salvation.

     Bueno, long story short... this week's been a good one and I am looking forward to this coming semana.

Hasta la próxima!
Hna. Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment