Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

     We have had a busy but fun weekend with the family.  Grandma and Grandpa Thacker and Grandma Smart all came to spend a few days with us.  We tried to keep them caught up with our hectic schedule and even managed a trip to Winter Quarters Temple.
     It is amazing how you think you have everything and suddenly need just a "few" more things and have just a "little" left to put away. Even with all the distractions and wanting to spend time with everyone, Sarah was able to prepare a talk for sacrament meeting, a lesson and treat for her Primary class, a talk for the youth discussion Sunday night, and she still managed to get everything packed and ready to go.
     Tuesday morning we all went to the airport at 5am to say goodbye. Mom and Dad were a little emotional, and Sarah got hugs from Ashley and Tate-we even got pictures as proof. 
     It was very hard to say goodbye, but we know that this is good. It makes it easier when you know that you are serving the Lord.  Sarah has always wanted to serve a mission. She recently told me that she remembered a time when she was in Primary and some friends said they would go on a mission if they were not married yet. It was the first time she realized that there was another option. She always expected to go on a mission. She has prepared for a long time.  There will be challenges but she will grow in so many ways. We are so proud of her and her decision to share the gospel and serve others. We will miss her, but would not want her to miss out on the blessings she will receive through this experience.


Day 1:  30 October 2013

I made it to the CCM(MTC) safe! I was worried when my first plane was delayed at the gate for about an hour, but I barely made it to the connecting one in detroit. I ended up being the only missionary on both flights. When I got to Mexico City it took me what felt like FOREVER to find anyone from the CCM. Finally I found the MTC greeter and we waited for two more sisters coming from Atlanta before getting on a bus with a bunch more missionaries. Most of them are headed to my mission!

I have two companions Hnas. Porter and Miller. I haven't met Hna. Miller yet, but Hna. Porter is from Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment